Thursday 4 February 2021

Week 5 2021

Hello!

Goodness, there's a lot of water out there...

It's the highest that I've ever seen whilst we've been living here.  Seems that it reached it's peak around midnight and will now start to go down. 🤞 At least it gives us something else to talk about...

If you want to find out more about the height of the water levels, there's a station at Pessac that records the levels, see it here

Whatever you do this week, keep safe, take care and keep dry!

Best wishes,
Helen

Week 5






Coming up...

Pottery workshops in February in Sauveterre.  There are 2 theme Saturdays - Spoons (they make great salt and pepper cruets for the table) and Penguins, as well as Holiday Pottery, longer sessions where you can make a piggy bank or a Keith Haring plaque/plate.

Contact me to sign up, or for more information. 06 30 89 85 36. Family pottery, or groups of friends are welcome year round. Group sizes are limited, and sanitary protocols are strictly adhered to.









 

And finally...


Welcome to Georgia’s Repair Shop

Hello All!

These days, people are buying more clothes than ever before, but keeping them for half as long. Did you know that by extending the life of your clothes by just 9 months, you can reduce their carbon, water, and landfill footprint by up to 30%. 
Which leads me to my next point, I would like to offer you all my (rather limited) sewing skills to extend the life of your most-loved and well-worn garments 💕

Ripped seams? Loose hemlines? Torn pockets? Holes? Don't despair...let me REPAIR!

I will be asking for €5 per item, to cover costs such as thread, materials and the various snacks I graze on whilst I work. My skills include (but are not limited to) machine sewing, hand stitching, seam & hem repairs, leatherwork and simple alterations. 
I will let you know straight away if I feel that any of your items are beyond my humble capabilities. 

So, what do you say?!
I say...go and dig out those jeans you’ve not been wearing because the belt loop is torn and...let me REPAIR!

Much love, 

Georgia 
Savvy Seamstress
Located at Chateau Rigaud, Mouliets et Villemartin. Please contact me via message or WhatsApp on +33 602 21 15 50
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment