Thursday 6 May 2021

Week 18 2021

Hello!

Hooray!  I got the vaccine... completely by good luck.  I went to the vaccine centre in Sauveterre after seeing the signs through the town.  I couldn't find a site to book through, so I dropped in at the end of the day.  And, yes, it's true, they do use up the leftover doses at the end of the day.  I arrived at exactly the right time and they had 2 leftover doses. 

 

So, it's worth dropping into your local vaccine centre, if they don't have a spare dose that day, they explained that they have a waiting list - you can leave your number and they'll call you up if they have a surplus. 

I also got the chance to use my new carte de sejour... and I have the appointment for round 2.

The vaccine roll out has spread to the pharmacies too, my friend has just had hers there, without an appointment.

So, it seems that things are opening up slowly. Keep safe and take care in the Gironde and Dordogne regions.
Best wishes,
Helen
 

Week 18 and onwards...


8 May is a bank holiday - Fete de Victoire de 1945







Coming up...






And finally...

The Maison des Artisans boutique is still closed, but behind the scenes we have been busy in our studios.  Below is a timetable of workshops for May and June.  We are also planning a range of summer activities which will be perfect for both full time residents and summer visitors. So watch this space for more news on that.



No comments:

Post a Comment