Thursday 14 September 2023

Week 37 2023

 Hello!

The wine harvest is underway.  A challenging year for our winemakers, early cold snaps,rain at random times leading to mildew, and then a too late dry spell.  Many wineries are crossing their fingers and hoping for the best.


Take care on the roads, there are slow moving grape harvesters and tractors with trailers lurking around the corners of our peaceful country lanes.

It's also the Journees du Patrimoine on 16th and 17th  September.  Many historical monuments and museums are open to the public  Have a look here to find out more https://www.journees-du-patrimoine.com

Whatever you do in the Gironde and Dordogne regions, have a good week,
Best wishes,
Helen

Week 37


15 September







16 September








17 September







Coming up...







I'll have my wheel in the square - have a try at throwing a pot!


And finally...

It was deep clean day in the studio.  I'm changing over to a different white earthenware clay, this new one comes from France, whereas the one I have been using is a blend from various counties. I don't want to cross contaminate between the two clays, hence the deep clean.  I'm excited to see how it performs in the varied uses in the studio.  So far tests have been both positive and interesting, so watch this space...

I didn't realise how many different clay tools I had collected over the years.


No comments:

Post a Comment