Wednesday 18 October 2023

Week 43 2023

 Hello!

I love the excitement, the beauty and the grace of hot air balloons.  I'm lucky, they often fly over nearby and I get to see them quite close up.  I have been to St Emilion a few times, and it's magical to watch all the balloons together.  However, this year it's not to be.  We can't control the weather, and so for the safety of the pilots and their passengers,  the St Emilion balloon festival has been cancelled.

Here's a throwback photo that I took one year when they did take off.

Whatever you do in the Gironde and Dordogne regions this week, have a lovely time.  It's the 2 week school holidays starting next weekend too.

Best wishes,
Helen


Week 43




19 October

St Emilion Fascinant Weekend information

20 October


21 October




 


22 October




Coming up...






And finally...


Emptying out the attic at the Maison des Artisans in Sauveterre unearthed this old photo of the square.  I love it.

One of the team was remembering when it was like that and how the buildings had changed their purpose over time. (I also love, that even then the drivers weren't all that keen to follow the one way system...)

No comments:

Post a Comment